Sports Physical Therapy
Sports Physical Therapy at Alabama Physical Rehabilitation ServiceAPRS has worked with the sporting athlete for over 40 years. We specialize in shoulder, knee, hip and elbow injuries. Our protocols address the injuries and our rehabilitation success is excellent. Our athletes return to functional play and excel in their sports after their injuries. Particular care is taken to strengthen and stabilize the injured area allowing the athlete to enter the field with confidence that they will be able to perform efficiently for their particular sport.
Movement analysis is utilized to perfect the motion needed to efficiently and effectively return to sport. In many cases the cause of the injury is due to improper postures and movement. If the athlete has required surgery our professional staff follows a list of goals to:
- Protect the surgery or injured area
- Improve the circulation around the area
- Provide nutrition to the area
- Reduce the inflammation
- Return the part to full Range of Motion
Our staff can address and are not limited to:
- ACL, PCL, Lateral/Medial Collateral Ligaments
- Hip Pointers, Hamstring Strains and Sprains, TFL, IT Band strain
- Rotator Cuff strains and Tears, Labrum Tears, Biceps Tendon Strains and tears
- Tennis Elbow, Golfers Elbow, Tommy Johns, Dislocations and Olecranon Fractures
- Ankle instabilities, Fractures and Joint Dysfunctions
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar restrictions
At APRS you are very important and we will treat you as an individual while acting as your advocate during our care and beyond. We collaborate with your Physician, parents and coaches to insure your safe and efficient return to functional sporting activity.
Contact us at 256-435-9386 to set up your appointment.